As part of the agreement to create Mint Plaza, the City required that FoMP assume full responsibility for the costs of maintaining the Plaza, in addition to indemnifying the City for any claims related to its management of the Plaza area.
In exchange, FoMP was granted the authority to generate revenue to fund maintenance and programming by charging user fees for the temporary use of portions of the Plaza area for public or private events and programs.
In addition, FoMP is responsible for:
- Setting operation rules and regulations for the Plaza area.
- Establishing an annual calendar of events and approving all activities in the Plaza area, including issuance of sidewalk tables and chairs permits.
- Hiring and supervision of independent contractors for the operation, maintenance and programming of the Plaza.
- Preparation and revision of an annual Plaza maintenance and programming budget and oversight of the Plaza’s financial affairs.
- Establishment of reserves for items paid less frequently than monthly and capital items.
- Maintaining general liability insurance for the Plaza.